The school uniform consists of the following mandatory items:
· Ramsay blue kilt
· Navy crested blazer
· White shirt
· Navy crested vest
· Navy knee socks or opaque navy tights
· Black dress shoes—polishable flat black leather dress shoes with a closed heel;
NO ballet shoes, running shoes, or sandals
- Grey Dress Pants
Full Dress Uniform is required for special occasions and when students are participating at events outside the school. It consists of the following uniform pieces only: kilt, blazer, white shirt, navy knee socks or navy opaque tights, black dress shoes.
On days when Full Dress Uniform is not required, students may wear the following combinations: kilt or grey pants (as noted below), white shirt, vest and/or blazer, navy socks or navy opaque tights, black dress shoes.
From October 15 to April 15 only, students may wear the HNMCS grey dress pants in place of the kilt (this does not apply to Full Dress Uniform days).
Physical Education Uniform
- Blue T-shirt (mandatory)
- Black crested shorts (mandatory)
- Athletic warm-up suit (mandatory)
- HNMCS grey sweatshirt (optional)
HNMCS physical education uniform must be worn during physical education classes and for all team practices.
Additional Uniform Guidelines
- Kilts are to be worn at a length no shorter than three inches above the knee.
- Kilts may not be rolled up.
- T-shirts and turtlenecks may not be worn under the blouse.
- Visible coloured undergarments or undergarments with writing or designs are not permitted.
- “Natural makeup” appropriate for the school environment is permitted.
- Clear or pale-coloured well-kept nail polish is permitted.
- Small stud earrings and small hoop earrings are permitted. Only one pair of earrings may be worn at a time. No other jewellery is permitted.
- Visible body piercing other than earrings as noted is not permitted.
- Hair accessories must be navy blue, black, or white.
- Hair must be natural colours; no unusual coloured hair is permitted.
- Students are required to wear their uniform to and from school.
- Students may not change in the hallways or other public spaces.
Casual Dress Days
Periodically, throughout the school year, students are permitted to come to school in business casual clothing. This is called “Casual Dress Day”, which is usually done in coordination with a charity fundraiser, and notification will be given over the P.A. system. The following items are not permitted:
- Short tops showing the midriff
- Low-cut tops
- Tops with spaghetti straps
- Low-rise pants below the hips
- Very short skirts